Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Paper jam light message and resume light keeps blinking. ive…

Customer Question
Paper jam light message...

Paper jam light message and resume light keeps blinking. ive tried all sorts of restarts, print cartridge removals,unplugging power etc. I did have a page that was stuck after it finished printing and I manually pulled it out but this message keeps coming back after i delete and try to print new page.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP 6890 with duplex and second 250 sheet tray

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Error message says paper jam (none to be seen and i've turned the paper carrier wheels manually). Yes ive opended lid, and printer heads were jammed to left. so I turned off all and unplugged then manually moved print heads to right. Now when powering up i hear the print heads move to left and back to right.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This happened about a year and a half ago and I bought a new printer but got a "fix" to try from Office Depot guy and it worked (cant remember what he said to do). so I gave my new printer to my daughter and fiance!!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

In addition to the above I also used canned air to clear dust/debris (if there were any). I then tried to find the printer driver to reload it but only found an HP troubleshooter program that said there is a problem within the printer, possibly the heads. Communication between the PC & printer takes a long time to cancel a print request.
I've already paid you guys $23 and now you want another $39? What else could I be charged? HP wanted $99

How old is the printer?

About 10 years
Can we keep this ticket/account open through tomorrow when I can reload a printer driver?

Sure.

Reply back tomorrow

Thank you. But what was the initial $23 for? So far we've only texted that I still want help

That is our price for our service.