Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I changed the cartridges and said error. I have changed

Customer Question
I changed the cartridges...

I changed the cartridges and said error

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I have changed cartridges before with no problems

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Hmmm, not the software in several month

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, this is my only problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the printer?

Canon mg 7720
I double check connections , cartridges, restarted the printer, still no joy
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

Could you please tell me whether you are getting any error messages like cartridges not recognizing, Cartridge failed Or you getting only the error message stating error?

Says Co for foreign objects or protective materials
Class ink tanks r installed correctly
Restart
I did all of that and keep saying same message
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

An unwanted foreign object inside the printer may obstruct its operation resulting in one of the following errors which you are facing now. In this we can check the jammed foreign objected in the printer.

A) Check the Rear Tray area

• Power off the printer and unplug the printer's power cord.
  • Using a flashlight, carefully inspect the Rear Tray area.
  • If there is a foreign object, use tweezers or long-nose pliers to carefully remove it.

B) Check the inside of the printer

• Power on the printer and open the main access cover (scanning unit cover). The Print Head Holder (carriage) will move to ink changing (center) position.
  • With the access cover open, unplug the power cord from the printer. Be sure the printer's power LED is no longer illuminated. This will allow you to easily slide the carriage as instructed in step 3.
  • Gently slide the carriage to the right side of the printer until it stops. IMPORTANT: Be careful not to touch the thin, clear encoder strip located just behind the carriage.
  • Using a flashlight, carefully inspect the left and center locations for an obstruction.
  • Gently slide the carriage to the left side of the printer until it stops.
  • Using a flashlight, carefully inspect the right side for a foreign object.
  • Power on the printer and confirm that the printer operates normally.

You can also visit the support article by clicking the link below: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114122

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you