Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Changed black ink on my hp officejet 8040 and now trying to…

Customer Question
Changed black ink on...

Changed black ink on my hp officejet 8040 and now trying to print just get error message can not print. visit you web sight

Technician's Assistant: Is your OfficeJet displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Idk

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. Please restart your computer. While the restart is happening, remove the new ink cartridge for me and power down the printer. unplug it. Wait for 5 mins.

After 5 mins, plug it back in and reinstall the cartridge.

Once done, you can get back to me via email message.

If this does not solve the issue we will reset your printer spooler

Please let me know

Thanks Mike

Did as was requested tried to copy a sheet and it auto back to error message. It reads as follows. Hp. Instant ink problem..cannot print . Visit www. Hpunstantink. Com for info

Thanks very much, that message tells me there is ink build up on the contacts of your carriage and or cartridge which is preventing ink flow. I would suggest at this time to turn off printer. You will need cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol to clean the electrical contacts in the carriage and on the cart itself. Make sure the swab is not soaked just damp.

Give the contacts a good clean and try to print again for me please

The cartridge is not from instant ink. The message now says that

I am assuming you have put a Hp 62XL or regular yield black cart in?

It is not xl

Are you seeing the errors on the printer software or on the printer itself?

Printer
Why do I have 2 charges pending? One for $5 and one for $28

This is an extremely strange situation which leads me to believe that the new cartridge is faulty. This happens more often than you might think. We have followed all steps to remedy the situation and still no success. I have to recommend at this point that you exchange the cart for another HP62 genuine cartridge and try again.

Its fighting us all the way right now and I think this will fix the issue

Still waiting on last reply to last question

Sorry about that, wasnt ignoring you, As an expert I do not have access to charging information, but I am looking into it with my moderator. I will get back with you as soon as i have an answer. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you

Welcome, ok I am sending your billing inquiry to customer service directly and they will email you.