Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The scanner will not connect to the computer to email. It…

Customer Question
The scanner will not...

The scanner will not connect to the computer to email. It keeps saying to check that the usb is connected (which it Is)The printer works from the computer to the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

It says " Cannot communicate with the scanner.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Make sure the scanner is on, correctly set up and connected with no errors in the scanner. If using an ESCI connector, restart your computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just changed computers and inserted the cd disc and it seemed to accept it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

What are the make and model of your printer? What is your computer operating system?

It is a common problem for all-in-one printers to lose their scanner connection while retaining their printer connection. The solution to your problem is to reinstall the drivers. I can show you how to do this. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

I am not prepared to spend $44 for this service. The earlier technician said the $5would be refunded and then I told it will cost $44. I’m not interested in Pursuing this at this time.
Thank you

Your cost would not be as high as $44. It would be around $23. I am an expert at resolving printer and scanner installation problems, and I can help you with yours. The cost is quite reasonable, considering that we provide the knowledge, skills, and experience in systems test and integration that you cannott get anywhere else.