Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just bought my hp office jet 4655 removed all packaging

Customer Question
Just bought my hp...

Just bought my hp office jet 4655 removed all packaging papers inside the printer but I'm getting "carriage jam" What do I do

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

New hp pavillion lap top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

I just bought both of them today so they are brand new

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1017

Not understanding what you are asking me

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I need to wait until the printer software is completely down loaded on my lap top?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with this issue.

Being a brand new printer out of the box I would turn it off and unplug. Inspect under the carriage and make sure no piece of tape or packaging has escaped you by mistake and gone under it to cause the jam. The carriage should move freely if moved gently by your finger to the side... If you dont see anything obstructing the carriage, please go ahead and plug it back in and turn it back on and let me know what error if any you are seeing. Please advise

Thanks very much

same error message - Carriage Jam
Thankyou. Without a carriage jam actually in effect with a foreign object or small piece of tape etc this leads me to believe that the Printer carriage may have been mishandled in transit to the store you got it from. Now that you have done everything possible to remedy this, the best option for you is to return the printer and exchange it for another one directly. You should not have this issue straight out of the box and it’s going to lead to frustration pretty quick. You can try the steps a couple more times but what you have done should have corrected the issue straight away.