Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a V700 Photo and it will not connect to the Mac, Usb…

Customer Question
I have a V700...

I have a V700 Photo and it will not connect to the Mac

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb is the only way on this unit

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Today many times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I even uninstalled and re installed i run version 10.11.6

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you go to the apple icon/system preferences/printers & scanners/ and select your scanner in the list and then choose the "scan" tab on the right side and click the "open Scanner" button. Does it give an error message at all or any error number? Has this scanner ever worked before?

it is worked 6 months ago.
No connection error.
Tried many cables
No thanks

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

That was good to try different cables. So we can rule the cable out.

Try this then:

1. On your Mac, open the Image Capture app, then @ the top select File > Reset TWAIN devices.
  2. Close Image Capture.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Try to scan.

Sorry, you have 10.11 so the instructions I gave you was for 10.10. Try this instead if its not there.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers inPrinters & Scanners preferences is empty. This is where you can then try and add the scanner again and try and scan.

Also, I know you mentioned it but I wanted to confirm that you did go to https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V700-Photo/s/SPT_B11B178011 and downloaded the 10.11 drivers v3.9.4.0

but if you did, I would fist try the native drivers for mac which is the "Image Capture" drivers called "ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.7 for Image Capture". this is dated 9/22/17 so this could be the only way it scans but after installed don't use the epson scanning software but instead use the image capture app on your mac or go to apple icon/system preferences/printers & scanners/ and select your scanner in the list and then choose the "scan" tab on the right side and click the "open Scanner" button.

Let me know what happens.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist