Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have the dreaded maint box not recognized error code, I…

Customer Question
I have the dreaded...

I have the dreaded maint box not recognized error code, I ordered new box put it in, same thing, unplugged reinstalled multiple times same thing, there needs to be a reset procedure some how

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It cant get past the error code at first start up, preinter wont do anything due to code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never, printer 2 months old, but maybe outdated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It has only printed maybe 10 things, it came from a low end retail shop and maybe they got excess inv and it is out of date? It is Epson wf 3640

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Hello, it's been over 30 minutes ?
12/13/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

sir
I am not willing to allow a secure connect to my device and pay another $38 as I am gun shy so far with the service of this site
Nothing personal to you, just I am not happy with the service so far
Are we still connected?

How old is the printer?

I bought it 3 months ago

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that it is covered under warranty by Epson and it can be repaired/replaced.

Please call 562 276-4322 to start the process.