Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC990CW and it has been OK for the past 18 months.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a MFC990CW and it has been OK for the past 18 months. Now it wants to print but says there is a paper jam, but there'

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

(sorry) but there's not a paper jam. It prints about 2 inches at the top and stops. Need it fixed quickly please.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

It's a Brother MFC-990-CW problem started yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm running windows 10 I think. The computer has been tended to by a tech expert about 3 months ago and all was great.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The only printing at the top 2 inches is doubled, as in blurred vision

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thanks for getting back to me - I've been way beyond that suggestion a few times already. I have got a soft cloth and cleaned the clear strip just in front of the white belt that goes across the printer. Plugged it back in and, presto! It's working again. Thanks anyway.

ok, cleaning was the next step, but I needed to rule out a hard restart first, so was waiting on your reply.

Glad it is now fixed and If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you