Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's an hp officejet pro 8610 purchased in June 2015. Have…

Customer Question
Hi Russell ... it's...

Hi Russell ... it's an hp officejet pro 8610 purchased in June 2015. Have had no problems to talk about. Tried sending a fax earlier today via document feeder (as I have done many times in the past), thought it was going through but got message "scanner lid or document feeder is open". Tried copying via document feeder and same message appeared. No jams. Switched printer off from power button and also wall plug to see if it would clear itself but it did not. Printer lid is securely down & I also did fax test report which passed the fax test. Copying worked when I applied some pressure to the top of lid as someone suggested as I have been googling to find out how to solve this problem that suddenly started out of the blue!

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your OfficeJet when you try to scan?

Took out an extension 3 year warranty which expires in June 2018. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't tried to scan. The error code as mentioned above comes up when I use the document feeder for faxing and photocopying.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't updated the printer driver software. I have only used the scan facility to copy in the past.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
It is late. Not sure what this would involve?
12/12/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Thank you Harry. I don't need your assistance now as I have contacted Hewlet Packard under the extended warranty I took out (machine was purchased in 2016, not 2015 as thought) and they are replacing the printer with a new one. How do I go about getting a refund and cancelling the 7-day trial? Jennifer H***** (**************)

There's no point in troubleshooting. Please let me know that you have got this ... thank you