Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon mg 5760 is recently installed but I am getting a…

Customer Question
My canon mg 5760...

My canon mg 5760 is recently installed but I am getting a message to update firmware and don't know how to access it.

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

MG5760

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

2 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

A few weeks ago. Not since I have installed the prnter.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
May I connect to your computer securely to troubleshoot the issue directly?
Once connected, I can troubleshoot the problem and resolve it right on your screen

No, I just want you to tell me where to go to access the firmware update.

Sure, You can access it here.

and more info is here

Let me know if you have additional questions

Updating the firmware of the printer should remove the message from your printer. To perform the firmware update, please follow these steps:

IMPORTANT

DO NOT power off the printer during the update.

(1) Power on the printer.

(2) Confirm that the printer is connected to the Internet.

(3)Tap [ Setup ].

(4)Tap [ Device settings ].

(5)Tap [ Firmware update ].

(6)Tap [ Install update ].

(7) The message will be displayed, asking you if you wish to update the firmware. Tap [ Yes ].

(8)Tap [ Start update ]. The update will start.

(9)When "Update succeeded" is displayed, tap [ OK ].

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.