Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon MP640...generating C000 message on LED..shutting off…

Customer Question
Canon MP640...generating C000 message...

Canon MP640...generating C000 message on LED..shutting off printer, unplugging power cord changes nothing. Paper jammed before this happened, removed paper..it did finish the project. but wont work now

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MP640?

Just since jam yesteday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

No clue! is there a way to tell? don't remember doing this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Computer challeneged

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Error C000 is an error code that has been known to affect a wide variety of different Canon devices, especially the Pixma series of Canon printers and multifunctional devices. Error C000 indicates that an internal error has occurred with the Canon device in question and that it is because of this internal issue that the device cannot function as it is supposed to. Error C000 can be pretty frustrating, especially since it inhibits the average Canon device’s range of functions. However, in most cases, there are a number of different ways that can be used to resolve Error C000. The following are some of the most effective methods that you can use to try and fix Error C000 on a Canon printer:

Method 1: Make sure that all packing materials have been removed

If you see Error C000 the very first time you fire your Canon device up and try printing/copying something with it, there is a good chance that the cause of the error are packing materials that you have not removed from the device. Simply open the printer door and make sure that all packing materials (such as protective tape and protective polystyrene) have been removed from the printer, close the door and check to see if the problem still persists.

Method 2: Make sure that all ink tanks are properly seated

Error C000 has also been known to be caused by poorly seated or unseated ink tanks. Another method that can be used to try and fix Error C000 is to open the printer door and make sure that all of the printer’s ink tanks are properly seated. Just to be sure, it would be best if you unseated the ink tanks even if they are seated and then reseated them.

Method 3: Make sure that none of your ink cartridges are empty

Canon printer users may also see Error C000 if one or more of their printers’ ink cartridges are empty. To rule out an empty ink cartridge as the root of Error C000 in your case, simply remove your printer’s ink cartridges one by one and check them to make sure that none of them are empty. If you do find that one of your ink cartridges is empty, replace it and check to see if that fixes the problem.

Method 4: Remove all foreign objects and clear the paper feed path

One of the most common causes of Error C000 is a paper jam or other foreign obstruction in the paper feed path of a Canon printer. A pretty effective method that you can use to try and solve this problem is to make sure that your printer is not suffering from a paper jam, remove any and all foreign objects (such as paper clips and torn pieces of paper) from your printer and completely clear the paper feed path of your printer.

Method 5: Reset your Canon device

If none of the methods listed and described above worked for you, there is a decent chance that this solution will. Resetting a Canon device is pretty simple – all you need to do is turn the device off, completely unplug the device from the power outlet it is connected to, wait for approximately 5 minutes, plug the device back into its power outlet and turn it on. Once you do so, check to see whether or not you are still suffering from Error C000.

Note: Resetting a Canon device will delete all of the faxes stored in its memory.

If even Method 5 does not work for you, your only remaining option is to have your device serviced at Canon or looked at by some other professional.

Sudipto, Engineer