Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610. It has worked fine up until…

Hello. I have an...

Hello. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610. It has worked fine up until a couple of days ago. Now I am getting a message that says the printer is "unavailable or not connected". The other functions (scan, copy, etc.) seem to be okay.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

I am connecting wirelessly. I have gone onto the menu screen on the computer and double checked the connection screen where it asks for the network and the password. I reentered my password ***** it indicates it is connected on the menu screen. But it is not reading to a couple of different computers I have tried via the network.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

To be honest I can't remember.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is the only problem. As I say, it has been working fine up until 2 days ago.

12/11/2017
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What computer are you using ? Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Windows PC with*****XP and Windows 7, and ipad3. It does not work on any.

Have you tried resetting the network settings of the printer from the printer itself ?

Ashik, Technician
I have tried resetting the settings on the printer itself. Yes. I just got this message:
Sorry, the Technician is unable to call you right now, but is still available for this online conversation. Are you connecting remotely or not. If not what happens with the $39?
Are you still there?

I need to connect to one of your computers and try to troubleshoot the printer from it.

Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session.

If you are talking to me from your computer, then just click this link-> https://www.fastsupport.com/877454618

Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named GotoAssist Opener will be downloaded. Then open the GoToAssist Launcher or GotoAssist Opener application. Allow permission to connect if asked.

If you don't see the downloaded file, press Control and J on your keyboard and this will bring Downloads. Open GoToAssist Launcher or GotoAssist Opener from there.

Once we're connected, I will try to fix the issue myself for you while you watch.

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

I am on my XP computer right now. Will that work?

It is better to do Windows 7

On a Windows computer, go to www.fastsupport.com

Enter your name and enter this code###-##-####/a>

I will reboot to my Windows 7. Give me a couple of minutes and I will let you know when I am ready.

Take your time

I am back on. Should I go to https://www.fastsupport.com/877454618 ?

Yes

Report : I was unable to fix the issue. It looks like an hardware issue with the printer itself.

I'm sorry I couldn't solve the issue.

Best Regards,