Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just received an "error" message that says, "Service

Customer Question
I just received an...

I just received an "error" message that says, "Service required. Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. See your printers documentation for details."

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson Stylus Photo RX620 (M)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?

Five to ten minutes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Maybe around two years ago?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not technologically gifted. I'm old and don't understand a lot of what goes on with computers, printers and the like. So, please understand that I need a lot of patience...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

For how long had the issue been coming?

Thanks,

Kumar

There was NO "coming". I printed a page, 5 minutes later I got the error message when I attempted to print another page.

Thanks for letting me know. This issue arises when the Waste Ink Tanks are full. We can bypass the same by resetting the counter. However, we have to get it replaced else the Waste Ink would overflow and spoil the printer.

NO, I have no finances to allow. I moved many boxes into my basement when I moved to this house. One of which has my Epson information. I can do a lot of 'searching' for the $39.00 you're asking for. Can you see to it that my subscription is cancelled, please? And my $5 deposit is refunded.
Thanks but no thanks

Oh. No it was from the Website, the remote assistance thing. My solution is here :

We do not need remote assistance. You'll have to change the Ink Pads on your printer. I only work-around I can offer is to clean the Ink Pads for using the same.

Please let me know .

Thanks,

Kumar

Is replacing the Waste Ink Tanks a fairly simple fix? How can the counter be reset?

Yes, replacing Ink Tanks is the most reasonable fix. Its waste ink tanks. You can have them from the nearby store.

As a workaround, you can download the software from the below mentioned link and use the same to reset your counter.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Just to add, I personally feel cleaning is the best option as it makes you printer run for a long time.

Thanks,

Kumar

I just received a phone call from Chase Bank Fraud department. You submitted two charges to my credit card in the last few minutes. One for $5 and another for $16. Please see to it that these charges are reversed.

Please get in touch with the Customer Service for refund related concerns. I shared the solution with you as I'm the tech expert. Whatever has been charged was presented on your screen, you clicked further and the question came to my bucket. Anyways, you can get in touch with them and get it refunded.

In case you have any other concerns, let me know. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Kumar