Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam with the scanner unit and I have looked…

Customer Question
I have a paper...

I have a paper jam with the scanner unit and I have looked for this for at lleast 30 days off and on Any word of advice

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF-2540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF-2540?

Probably at least 30 days. I cannot print nor can I scan

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/11/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 8 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please run the below steps first.

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Press and HOLD the Power Button for 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Please let me know once done.

Thanks,

Kumar

Nothing changed. Still says paper jam inside the product.

Can you please do the below :

Please clean the dirty printhead. It is either ink residue or dry. Try gently cleaning it with some water on a lint free cloth.

No. I did what you told me. Does not work.

Okay. So cleaning does not work. Do you see any error message?

No thanks.

Its a request from the website and not from me. Can you please let me know if you see any error msgs?

Nothing other than the jam message.

Can you please take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kumar

Did you try ? Please let me know once done.