Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Deskjet 3755 printer is not making clear copies. How…

Customer Question
My HP Deskjet 3755 printer...
My HP Deskjet 3755 printer is not making clear copies. How can I clean it? It said that it should be cleaned about every three months. But I can not get to directions for it. Thanks
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
How are the copies being made, on the glass sheet, or through a feeder on top of the printer?

Are the copies spotted, or are they streaked with lines the length of the page?

Through a feeder on the top of the printer. The copies are streaked with lines

OK! Then there is a procedure that is sure to clear that problem up:

1. open the top of the printer, so that the glass sheet is showing. At the left, you should see a narrower strip of glass.

2. Take a fresh paper towel, and moisten it with warm water a little. Rub the narrower strip of glass to the left, firmly, many times over, with the moistened paper towel. Some black fleck or flakes should come off onto the paper towel. Then wipe clean and dry with dry paper towel, before the glass strip on the left dries.

3. Then try photocopying again.

If the lines are still there but less prominent or some of them gone, repeat step 2 again. It should clear up.

Let me know how that goes, please. Thanks.

my printer does not have a glass sheet. I feed the paper into the printer

OK... open it up and look for the scanner glass strip then. That is dirty, that is what needs cleaning.

I can not open the printer except to put the ink cartiage in it

Lift the scanner cover on top of the printer - do you see the glass sheet, and the glass strip on one side (or at the back perhaps) ?

Right - this model has no glass sheet. But lift the cover - if it lifts - on top, to see the glass strip that needs cleaning.

It does not lift. I tried but I don't want to break the printer. Thanks

I thought that model has a liftable top cover. Where do you put the paper to be scanned/photocopied, please? into the top front slot? or into the top rear slot?

There is a way to clean the glass strip on this model, I am sure. It is just a matter of figuring out exactly where that glass strip is. Let me know, I will advise you further.

You scan from the front by sliding the paper in. You copy from the top the same way. You can go the youtude and see a picture of it.

All right - thank you for responding. I am doing a bit of research on your specific model and cleaning it, and will post again shortly...

Upon further research, I've concluded you cannot get at the glass strip in question, in this model, for cleaning... short of reaching in through that front feed slot where you put the paper to be scanned or photocopied, with a cotton swab moistened in rubbing alcohol, and wiping as far within that area as you can reach... hopefully to clean the part that is spotted or dirty, such dirt or spots being what has caused the lines.

After that, and if it just doesn't help with the problem, regrettably the printer will require service-repairing, or replacing. Let me know what you priorities would be, and how old the printer is (there might be a good deal for the repair costs in some cases), and I will advise you further on this matter.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech