Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have replaced a cartridge..... printer not loading the ink…

Customer Question
I have replaced a...

I have replaced a cartridge..... printer not loading the ink as usual. Just keeps telling me to replace cartridge..

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson Stylus CX 8400

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?

Just now....had to extract a pencil that got stuck but managed to pluck it out.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don not know..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Did you mention a Pencil that got into the Printer? How did that happen? How old is the printer?

Thanks,

Kumar

At least seven years old. Pencil was extracted. Message says cannot recognize ink cartridge.

Seven Years. That implies its way past its Replacement period.

Can you please try the below :

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Press and HOLD the Power Button for 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Please let me know once done.

Thanks,

Kumar

Do not wish to use your service. Please cancel my credit card information

No, that's something that the Website sends. Please ignore remote assistance requests.

Can you please let me know if you tried the instructions that I provided ?

Thanks,

Kumar

Still have the same error message. Can not recognize ink cartridges

Can you please remove the cartridges once and reinstall them? Can you also run clean cycles once.

Thanks,

Kumar

Will do.

Following up to check if you tried.

Thanks,

Kumar