Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I replaced my magenta cartridge in my Brother MFC J480DW…

Customer Question
I replaced my magenta...

I replaced my magenta cartridge in my Brother MFC J480DW printer with a new one. But i get an error message when i close the door to the cartridges. The Magenta slot has a red X in it indicating it is still out of ink. I took the cartridge back to my supplier and got a replacement. But same problem as before so it is NOT the cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: Is your J480DW displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I tried restarting it and it did not clear the error. but if you want, i'll try it again. when i try to print it tells me that the M cartridge is out of ink (red X), Also that "BW 1-side print only">

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Oooo. long time ago! now there's a thought. duh. how do i initiate it from

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's helpful, thanks.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.