Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer works but copier keeps giving me message that a

Customer Question
Printer works but copier...

Printer works but copier keeps giving me message that a timeout error has occured

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Cannon MX922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX922?

Just started this morning. I turned it off for a couple of hours but the message persisted when I turned it back on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not sure but the test print I did worked fine, I can't get it to make a copy.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I had a hard time moving the table the printer is on so I just removed it. Give me a couple more minutes.
No, that didn't work
Are you still there?

How old is the printer?

3 to 4 years old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.