Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just fired up my Epson Photo R3000 for the first time in…

Customer Question
Just fired up my...

Just fired up my Epson Photo R3000 for the first time in quite a while. Had to replace two ink cartridges a light cyan and a light light black. Put the new cartridges in. In both cases I got a message that said the printer did not recognize the cartridge and re-insert, or something to that effect. Reinstalled several times and got the same message. Fortunately, I had back-ups and in each case put in other new cartridges and they worked. Bought the cartridges through B&H. The printer is working now, but two things -- concerned it will happen again with others that I don't have extras and I am out, what $60 for bad cartridges?

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Stylus?

No. Have used replaced cartridges before, but it has been a few months since I last used.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes, I have opened and closed. The second cartridges worked as I have printed a contact sheet while we are communicating.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment, thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.