Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Getting the message "paper mismatch" when attempting to

Customer Question
Hello, getting the message...

Hello, getting the message "paper mismatch" when attempting to print a flyer. The paper has a custom size. We have been successful doing this in the past, no idea why it is failing now. The only difference is that the printer is now attached to the network. In the past it was attached via USB to my workstation. The printer is an officejet 6500A. My computer is a Mac with OSX 10.13.2. I have attempted 1) reset of the printer, 2) deleting and re-installing the printer (driver), 3) updating the firmware (no update available on HP website) 4) aligning printheads. I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

The problem just became visible today. However, this is also the first time in several months that we have attempted to print copies of the flyer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe that the information so far is complete. Nothing more to say at this point.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
If you wish to send a response by text to my mobile phone, the number is +49(###) ###-####8209. Your input dialog doesn't support/allow country codes other than "+1" for the USA.BTW: The $5 deposit became a 23€ deposit at the point when I had to enter my credit card information - a factor 5 difference. If the answer solves my problem, ok. Nevertheless, truth in advertising looks different from my POV.
12/11/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Hello, as I wrote above, this is the first time in several months that we have attempted to print copies of this flyer. It is a non-standard format (10cm x 21cm). If I insert DIN A4 paper, it prints just fine, with all the text snuggled at the lower left corner of the page. If paper of the custom size is inserted, the error message appears. And BTW, yes, the page is formatted to the desired custom size in the text editor.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

ok, I first pulled the power cable from the printer and waited for 30 seconds. Then when I re-inserted the cable, the printer turned went directly into the "on" state (since I hadn't turned it off before pulling the cable). I immediately pressed the power button and held for 30 seconds. What is the next magical incantation?
Oh, and BTW, I have the same phenomenon when printing this flyer using Word, Neo-Office and also as a PDF.