Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hp 4620. glass and lid will not lock in place after changing…

Customer Question
Hp 4620. glass and...

Hp 4620. glass and lid will not lock in place after changing ink. Do not want to force it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Hp 4620

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

.I opened it to change the ink cartidges. Now it will not lock back in place

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

it has been unplugged for over an hour
ok, plugged back in. Message tells me cover or door must be closed to print. I cannot close the cover and door
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Try it a little harder.

And how did you open it?

Is it pressing the buttons on both sides of the printer?

I opened it using the handles on both sides of the glass lid
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Alright, can you please try to remove all the cartridges again check for any blockages like paper bits.