Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is stating its offline. I was trying to go back…

Customer Question
Good Morning, my printer...

Good Morning, my printer is stating its offline. I was trying to go back to re-set it up again but its not recognizing my printer which is a PIXMA Canon TS9100.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your TS9100: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have only had it a couple of months so have not done that yet! Oops!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, everything has been printing fine and I did not touch or reset anything that would cause this as far as I know. Thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Okay, doing that now, will let you know. Thanks!

Thank you

Okay, did that and it came back on. Where the wireless signal is showing connected - next to it looks like a batter symbol with two half moons on the top right.
Typo, I meant battery
I did not wait 10 minutes sorry let me try again. Be back in 10.

thanks

Hi I am back and nothing has changed. My printer is still offline

How is the printer connecting to the computer? Via wireless or a USB cable?

Via wireless

Can you remove the power to your wireless router and power off your computer.

Wait 3 minutes, power on the wifi router, start the computer then try to print please

Okay

Thank you

Back Richard, completing the whole shut down & start up with router, computer & printer - still cannot print - is still saying it’s offline.

Ok, can you please get the disk for the printer and put this into the computer.

then run the installation for the printer again, let this complete and when it has, tell me if it can then print.

Okay, can I do this online without the disc?
Thank you!

You are welcome

Let me know how it goes please

Sorry, did not work and I need to get to work for a meeting. Will try later. Thanks

ok, though can you provide more detail please on what did not work in the process?