Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer keeps saying paper jam. There is no paper in it.

Customer Question
My printer keeps saying...

My printer keeps saying paper jam. There is no paper in it. When I introduce paper the feed wheels go round but don't grab the paper,so it says paper jam help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epsom xp 345

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Just today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never. I have had the printer for six months and used it for about two

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Ok

Thank you

I have 're connected and still the same

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

The paper feed is still not grabbing paper,so the paper jam comes back on

Thanks

It is the internal drive motor that has faulted, it is detecting the incorrect load and classing it as a jam which stops it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you