Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WE have an Epson WF 3620. Halfway through printing out a…

WE have an Epson...

WE have an Epson WF 3620. Halfway through printing out a document it stopped. It gave a message 'Printer error. Turn the printer off and on again. For details see documentation. Error code Ox97. Also despite cleaning the heads, on each A4 page we have repeated about three time at intervals a line which has a dotted line running though the words, which are still readable but not ideal. Is there any advice you can provide, please?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Epson printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes. No printing is occurring after restart, just a blank sheet emerges.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know. I was not aware I had to update software.

12/11/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you may still be under the epson warranty (if registered when new, they usually extend it to 2), and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it. Beyond the warranty, it would cost more to fix than to replace.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan, Engineer
Thank you. The printer has just printed out the job which cut out before.

You're welcome