Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an EPSON WF3250. On powering up I get a "cannot

Customer Question
Hi! I have an...

Hi! I have an EPSON WF3250. On powering up I get a "cannot recognise the following catridge" message pointing at the red cartridge. At first I thought it must be a cartridge problem, but if I swap the catridges round I always get the problem at the red cartridge slot, no matter what colour catridge is in that slot. I've examined the wires in the slot and they seem to be ok...

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your WF3250?

It's nothing to do with the ink! The fault arrived out of the blue, not following any cartridge chage. I have changed cartridges on a number of occasions before.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Error described above. Yes, I can.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Did you inspect the chip contacts (in the printer) carefully?
Epson printers use a thin gold plated wire contacts that the cartridge chip slides and presses against - when a cartridge is installed. These contacts can corrode, or stick to the chip, particularly if they ever had any ink contamination. The wires can sometimes bend, or even get pulled out - with the cartridge when it is removed.