Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Mt Brother Printer #MFC-J480DW suddenly stopped printing…

Customer Question
Mt Brother Printer #MFC-J480DW...

Mt Brother Printer #MFC-J480DW suddenly stopped printing from the internet. I have checked cable and shut it down. It does copy printing fine. There is some icon on the ujpper rt corner that I don't recall seeing before.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

It is 3 tubt cyrved lines with a slash through it. I can't see anything in the manual that explains it. I am right in the middle of a newsletter and need to print from internet! Please help.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your #MFC-J480DW?

It just started half an hour ago. I have been printing things from online just fine. It also is copy printing fine. I just found the icon in my other manual. Itsays the wireless setting is disabled I just clicked on the wire.ess setting on the control panel. Then comes on "setup; wizard. Where do I go from there

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm nolt sure I ever have. IO don't know much about computers. I have a computer man who does everything for me,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/10/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Printing from internet - do you mean, from a web browser like Internet Explorer?

If so, try restarting your computer. That can clear up such problems, if you immediately after restarting and logging in to Windows again, go directly to the page that you need to print.

Let me know, and I will advise you further.