Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is printing blank pages. It is Canon MG5300

Customer Question
My printer is printing...

My printer is printing blank pages. It is Canon MG5300 series. All ink levels are high, I performed all cleaning jobs. Even when copying it still comes out blanks. Restarted all devices and the printer itself several times but it made no difference. it goes through the pruning and makes all the right noises and the job spools correctly, but the pages are blank from iMac, MacBook Pro, phone, iPad or the printer itself ...

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

PRinter was printing fine 2 days ago... I have run self cleaning cycle twice... you think it may need more?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No - will try to do so now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know what has caused it and how to sort it out please?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/10/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Its a problem with the printhead because the printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink onto the paper from the cartridge.

What is the age of your printer?

I would imagine around 2 years...

We will now remove the printhead from the printer and then soak it in hot water for about 10 minutes and then wash it under running water until you see no ink residue coming out of it.

If you believe the issue is with the print head, how would a remote assistance help?

Then dry it 100% using a hairdryer. This is very important before you replace it back inside the printer.

Please ignore the remote assistance request. It's not sent by me but by the website.

I will give you a manual which will help you to remove the printhead from the printer.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Oh to be honest i won't be able to do that as my printer is very near the kids room, where I am trying to get them to sleep, so I can't really pull it out completely. I will try to do this first thing in the morning.. Any other things after that that I can try?

If cleaning doesn't help then you will have to replace the printhead to get everything back to alright.

Replacing a printhead is an expensive affair. I would suggest you get a quote before going for replacement because nowadays you get new printers at a very less price.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback from our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you just bought new printer, as really need operational for the week coming... Thank you for your help.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then select Submit before you leave today.

Thank you!

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer