Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Paper jam, there is no paper jamming printer ,I d/c power…

Customer Question
Paper jam, there is...

Paper jam, there is no paper jamming printer ,I d/c power cord from main wall jack get same msg &noisy clicking sound

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp office jet j6480

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Two dads ago, I just had time today to d/c cord

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have not updated anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No i just want it to print

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/10/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still, it doesn't help then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully, this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!

I cleaned the rollers with wet applicator, blew forced air on all rollers ,turned printer upside down ,of course i d/c the power from the computer wall jack mainline & the printer line before blowing the air , It did not resolve the problem. I have ordered a new HP printer tonight . I would like a refund ofthe $28:00 . thank you
I do not wish to invest any more money, i ordered a new hp printer tonight
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer