Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have new HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-In-One printer which…

Customer Question
I have new HP...

I have new HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-In-One printer which will not print from my HP Laptop Pavilion with Windows 7. It will print a document on the glass but not a control P function from the laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

USB. Tried to use the wireless but could not get going with 123.hp.com/setup. I am not real experienced in this type of thing.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Is that something internal to the laptop? I guess I don't know when it was updated if that's the case.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I was able to print a page from an online bank statement by clicking on the print function icon associated with that statement. Control P did not do the job.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/9/2017
Technician: ITCris, Technician replied 7 months ago
ITCris
ITCris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Have you installed the HP software for your printer onto your PC?

I believe so. Couldn't make 123.hp.com/setup work so I used the disc provided with the printer for the laptop stuff.

May I offer you remote support so I can remote in and see what the issue is? You will be able to see everything I am doing and we can chat from your PC.

Cris, I appreciate all of this support but I thought HP would want to help me get this new printer functioning properly. It seems now all I'm doing is paying more money for something which should already work.

Understood, just so you know you reach JustAnswer.com a support site which provides experts in tons of categories. I am computer expert with years of experience with HP printers. HP does also charge for support as well and could be more costly.

If you choose to go that route I can cancel this request or if you like we could continue. I can also go over anything else you would like on your PC as well.

Thank you but I would rather go back to HP Customer Service and find out what is going on. I prefer to cancel this request but understand that I still pay the $5 fee for JustAnswer.

ok