Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have just had my CANON MX926 Pixma in for service as it…

Customer Question
I have just had...

I have just had my CANON MX926 Pixma in for service as it was not printing. I had taken an empty ink cartridge out and did not replace it until I went out and got another. Service people said that inks were not in properly, although I heard a click each time I inserted new one. On bringing printer back from service and plugging it in I am receiving a message that it is not online. I had removed the leads and reinserted them, to no avail. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your MX926?

No. I have inserted ink cartridges many times and always heard a click.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I initially got an error message, which asked me to turn printer off and then on again. As there was no result, I took it down for service, the result of which I have told you. I have not had an error message since. the face opens up as normal, except across my computer screen a box comes up with the message that my printer is not online. I have checked and rechecked that the leads are in properly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I followed through Help on my computer with instructions as to how to uninstall and reinstall my printer driver. At the end of this as it was scanning a message came up that it could not find the right printer, therefore I could not compete the final step.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/9/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

How is your printer connected to the computer?

via USB cable or wirelessly

wireless hi fi

What is the operating system of your computer?

windows/MAC