Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Setting up new Canpn Pixma MG2922. at first install of ink…

Customer Question
Setting up new Canpn...

Setting up new Canpn Pixma MG2922. at first install of ink cartridges I cant get the alarm light to shut off (says should go off after 1 minute). 3 people now have tried three times each with the same results. Yes, protective tapes were taken off

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Pixma?

The first time using period. Haven't even gotten to the programming/install yet. Still at the initial set up of hardware

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes lid opens. I can remove and reinstall ink okay. It "clicks" when installed so it appears to be installed properly, Just afraid to proceed with next set up steps with the "alarm" light still flashing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. Just be happy to get past this point

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/9/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Do you have papers loaded in the rear tray or in the paper tray ?

Thanks,

Kumar

No there is no paper in tray. Set up Instructions did not advise to do so. I’ll try it though and let you know status

Roger that. Let me know.

Paper in tray didn’t help. Bed time here. Will follow up in the morning.

Hey there. Just checking. How is the printer now and if you need any other assistance?

Thanks,

Kumar

No nothing changed.. discussed with Canon help line..likely a defective unit and will be returning. thx