Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hp 4315 cartridge error refer to documentation for

Customer Question
Hp 4315 cartridge error...

Hp 4315 cartridge error refer to documentation for troubleshooting. This is apparently a common error

Technician's Assistant: Did you remove all the tape from the cartridge vent holes? (The tape is usually yellow or some other color.)

This is an product problem caused by cancelling a printing document while in progress.

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

I am a computer expert. Tell me something about the unique issue of the 4315 please

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, it is a know product bug

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/9/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.