Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an 8-year-old (I think) Canon Pixma Prop 9500 II

Customer Question

I have an 8-year-old (I think) Canon Pixma Prop 9500 Mark II Printer that I have used one or two times. (I bought it because I was retiring and wanted it for scrapbooking and photography projects.) I need to know what should be done to begin using it again.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Dell intel core i5 (is that enough info?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: I have done nothing with the printer for at least 7-8 years
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I'm guessing my computer is 3 years old or less.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should I locate the manuals for the printer and computer before we go further?
Category: Printers
Expert:  UranIT replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Expert:  UranIT replied 11 months ago.

If you like I can walk you thru online via the installation or I can remote into your PC and install it for you. You might need to connect USB cable between PC and printer before the installation

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to involve my husband and je isn't home right now. I thought the first recommendation would some type of cleaning and purchasing and installing all new ink.. when my husband comes home i will communicate again.
Expert:  UranIT replied 11 months ago.

sure.