Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MFC-J485DW prints hazy. Brother MFC-J485DW. A few weeks.

Customer Question
My MFC-J485DW prints hazy. ...

My MFC-J485DW prints hazy.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother MFC-J485DW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-J485DW?

A few weeks.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

A week or so ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/9/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
By 'hazy' print, do you mean that e.g. letters in printed text are out-of-focus looking?

Or, that the background of the pages that are printed, has a hazy scattering or ink, or 'fog' as a background?

Sometimes the whole line is unaffected, like one out of five lines. Sometimes the whole line is affected as if overwritten by a very fine line down the middle for the full line.

affected as if overwritten by a very fine line down the middle for the full line.

- I need to ask, would that be a very fine white line (or missing ink), or a very fine black line?