Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an xp 830 that I need to fax something It is attached…

Customer Question
I have an xp...

I have an xp 830 that I need to fax something It is attached to my wireless system, but says no phone line attached...can I still fax

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

When i tries to fax a documnet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

okay

No, you cannot fax in this manner.

The wifi connection is only to link the epson to your computers and the internet. It does not give it a faxing capability.

To send or receive faxes the epson requires a hard wired telephone line connection to a working phone jack.

So you'll need to plug into a landline phone jack with an active line/account for it to work.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.