Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can I scan from an HP printer Desk Jet 3632. It says on the…

Customer Question
Can I scan from...

Can I scan from an HP printer Desk Jet 3632. It says on the label that it will scan but there are no instructions with it.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your DeskJet when you try to scan?

I haven't tried because I don't know how.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Probably when it was installed. I just need some instructions

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The 3632 model of HP Deskjet is an all-in-one Printer/Copier/Scanner, as advertised.

As for how to make it scan... have you installed the HP software for your printer? if so, there are various ways to make it scan.

All ways begin with placing the original face-down on the glass sheet under the scanner cover.

Then, you either start software to do the scan, or in some Windows programs you can also go to

File

then to

From Scanner Or Camera

though this sometimes doesn't work. You can try that in the Paint program included with all Windows types and versions.

Then, you can order a scan through the HP printer's software, e.g. HP Director, HP Solution Center, whichever of those two you have installed from the printer's software.

Do you need further instructions? or perhaps, do you have an Apple computer?

(There are ways to configure the printer to Scan using its own Scan button but they are somewhat elaborate and not too easy to set up, unless you have the printer on a USB cable connection.)

I'll try it but it isn't very specific.

OK... would you like me to give more specific directions?

If so, please reply and tell me:

- What Windows is on your PC (Windows XP, 7, Vista, 8, 8.1, or 10) ?

- Whether you have HP Director, or HP Solution Center, on your PC already, or not?

- How you would like to scan - to a file by pressing the SCAN Button? or with software, more flexibly as to the file name of the resulting scan and where on your computer it gets stored ?