Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP photosmart 7520 printer. It quit printing the…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an HP photosmart 7520 printer. It quit printing the black ink. I thought it may be plugged so cleaned everything. I can get the Print quality diagnostic report and all the colors except the black is printed on the report. I use only HP ink cartridges and I put in a new black thinking the cartridge may be bad. Do you have any ideas.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

Yes I have run it several times also the realignment.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

Yes I have done that also

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I have tried everything noted above and continualy get the response, there is a problem with your printer contact support.
then I need to shut it off and restart to get the menu to come up again. No black ink is printing. I feel it may be cheaper to just get a new printer.
No lets drop any further charges an spend it on a new printer. They are cheap and made to throw away. Thanks for help