Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP 3700dn printer and the copy has ink smears on…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP 3700dn printer and the copy has ink smears on it. I have cleaned it 3 or 4 times using the Cleaning Page, but it still has smears. typically in a vertical pattern on the page. Any advice?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

HP 3700dn

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 3700DN?

A month to 6 weeks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

This multi function printer uses a separate piece of glass (ADF glass) when making copies or scans through the ADF. It is determined that 99% of all lines and streaks on copies made by feeding the original documents through the ADF are caused by debris on the ADF glass. Debris can include dust, paper or toner dust, residue from sticky note adhesive, correction fluid or tape, ink, fingerprints, and more. Even the tiniest of specks can cause the light reflected off the original to be distorted, resulting in a line, streak, or smudge on copies or scans made from the ADF.

In many cases, debris is not readily visible, can be very easy to miss, and might not be removed with just a quick wipe. A soft, lint free cloth moistened with water is usually sufficient to clean debris but more stubborn debris might require additional steps.

Follow the instructions in the link below.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/document/c05337009

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

This is not helpful. The response is not specific to my printer. I have found similar information on YouTube, but it is not helpful as it does not apply to the 3700dn printer. How do you access the ADF on this printer?
The site you directed me to addresses the DeskJet 3700 printer. The HP 3700 printer is a LaserLet Printer, very different. Unless you can assist, I will request a refund.
Sorry, please see corrections... The site you directed me to addresses the DeskJet 3700 printer. The HP 3700dn printer is a Laserjet Printer, very different. Unless you can assist, I will request a refund.

I apologize for the inconvenience, however I cannot find the right one for your printer. try the instructions in the link below. Meanwhile, please try cleaning the scanner glass thoroughly.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01728503

Thank you.

Dear Shefin- There is no scanner on my printer, it is not an All-in-One Printer, or a multifunction printer. The site you provided is for HP All-in-One Printers only. How do I request a refund of my fee?

The scanner glass is the one on which you are placing the documents to copy.

Thank you.

There is no copy function on my printer. It does not scan or copy, thus there is no glass surface. I would like to have my fee refunded. Please advise.

I will open the question for other experts. We check if they have an answer.

Thank you.

Please cancel this request. I am not satisfied with this delayed response. I would like a refund of my $21. Please tell me how to get my refund.