Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon Pixma MG7720 Error code 1256 .. i cannot get the

Customer Question
canon Pixma MG7720...
canon Pixma MG7720 Error code 1256 .. i cannot get the printer to work
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Ok
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Is it done?

Not yet
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Alright, will wait.

Error 6000
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Let me check with this.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
  1. Make sure there are no materials which is preventing the paper output tray from moving and that the cassette 1 is inserted properly.
  2. Open the paper output tray and tap OK on the touch screen.

• Remove any physical objects that prevent the tray from opening and turn OFF the printer. Then, turn ON the printer and command printing again.In such a case, remove any physical objects that prevent the tray from opening and turn OFF the printer. Then, turn ON the printer and command printing again.
Ok will try
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Thank you and keep me posted with the updates.

Same error keeps coming up
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Can you once open the cassette and close it once.

And this is an error that occurs if the lid is not closed properly.

Did that. Tried all kinds of combinations
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news if that your printer is outside of warranty ,it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.