Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to replace the catridge in my Brother Printer. Its a…

Customer Question
Hi, I need to...

Hi, I need to replace the catridge in my Brother Printer. Its a HL5340D Laser printer. I haver the replacement cartridge, but I don't seem to be installing it correctly. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your HL5340D?

Its the first time I'm doing it. Its been at least 3 years since it was last replaced.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I turned on the printer just now and opened the front of it. There is a Red Light next to Status. The new cartridge is in the printer... but maybe not correctly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thank you very much :-)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Yep