Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I HAVE A CANON PIXMA Ip90V PRINTER AND NOW CHROME 15 LAPTOP…

Customer Question
I HAVE A CANON...

I HAVE A CANON PIXMA Ip90V PRINTER AND NOW CHROME 15 LAPTOP BUT CAN NOT CONNECT THE PRINTER TO THE LAPTOP? HELP! HOW DO THE TWO CONNECT?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Probably never how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just tryin to get the printer to work with chrome

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Printing from a Chromebook computer is done using Google Cloud Print. Your Canon iP90v portable printer is not a Cloud Print ready model, but you can connect it to Cloud Print as a Classic Printer. I can show you how to do this. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Don't you need WI Fi to print from the Cloud? Where I go with the portable printer Wi Fi and telephone service is not availavle, just to get elec I have to start a generator. In others words I'm off the grid. With my old computer I could drive 14 miles get tel service download what I needed then go back to camp start the generator and print off the required documents. Back to my initial question "how can I use Chrome with the Canon iP90v?: Someone earlier from Just Ask said my printer / Chrome are not compatiable?

Your printer is not an iCloud printer, but iCloud printing can be done with Classic printers too. There is no need for wifi, because your printer is connected directly to your computer via usb cable. But your point is well taken, because I just assumed that your computer had internet access.

I will set up that scenario and get back to you.

You are correct. cloud Print only works when both the computer and the printer have internet access, such as provided by a wifi network. Neither your Chromebook nor your Pixma iP90v printer has the capability to operate off the grid. YOur printer is not a wireless printer and your computer cannot print without a wireless connection. If you had cellular service and you had a wireless printer, you could use the Chromebook with your smartphone as a wireless hotspot. Otherwise, if you had a laptop pc, you could use your portable printer with a usb cable.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.