Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am getting yellow splotches of ink whenever I print a

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I...

Hi Pearl, I am getting yellow splotches of ink whenever I print a color page. It does not happen with B&W printing. I changed the yellow toner cartridge and it still happened. It is right down the middle of the page about 3 " apart. I have a HL-L8350CDW. I also used the printer cleaning sheets to no avail. What else can I try? Thanks for your help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

It s a brother color laser printer HL- L 8350CDW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

For a couple of months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I updated my computer operating system last week to Sierra. I run a mac. I have not updated the printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I 'm not very tech savvy so He will have to have patience

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, I figured out my problem before you got back to me. Would you please refund any money that I was charged. My problem was solved by cleaning the yellow roller which had some gunk which came off with alcohol. It was diagnosed by switching the black and yellow toners and I then printed black splotches instead of yellow. It is printing clean now . Thank you