Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't seem to send a fax. Today it is the first time I…

Customer Question
I can't seem to...

I can't seem to send a fax

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Today it is the first time I have tried to send a fax

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You will need to be sure that the phone cord is connected to the right port on the machine, first of all. The 'phone' or P port, is the wrong one, oddly enough, being meant for a voice phone extension handset.

The L port (or 'line' port) is the right one to hook up to.

Then, you will need to put the sheet or sheets to fax, in the feeder.

Then, you will need to have the device in FAX mode - usually done by pressing 'FAX' on the machine.

Then, you will need to dial the fax number you are sending to. Then after it dials the number and makes a beep or tweeting tone, you press START on the machine, and it sends the fax.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.