Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It stops printing after doubling the size of the print

Customer Question
It stops printing after...

It stops printing after doubling the size of the print module ,ei. 116kb/116kb.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP OfficeJet Pro 8740

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

SInce I bought it a few months ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Last week for the Hp Laptop. Don't remember when the printer was updated.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I tried to set the printer but the password ***** wrong. I never set a password ***** it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/8/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The printer cannot have a password, except a password ***** connect to the WiFi perhaps. Any other password ***** demanded is either your Instant Ink account password, or something else altogether unrelated to the printer, probably.

Now, from the sound of it, you ought to start by turning Off the printer, going to the computer and removing the printer from your View Devices and Printers, or if a Mac by removing it from the Printers list in System Preferences, then restarting your computer, then reinstalling the printer afresh on your computer, as if it were a new printer.

If you need details on how to go about doing that, please Reply letting me know, and I will instruct you further.