Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My brother printer mfc-490cw does not print black although…

Customer Question
My brother printer mfc-490cw...

My brother printer mfc-490cw does not print black although it does print black in the copy mode.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MFC-490CW: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just connected to a sight to do just that, but when they wanted financial info, I thought it was a scam.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To be clear, this is a paid support service as well, it is not free and is not covered by the brother warranty.

If you make a copy specifically in black only mode (not auto or color) how does that come out?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.