Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO CHANGE THE INK CARTRIDGE. HP 5540…

Customer Question
I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW...

I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO CHANGE THE INK CARTRIDGE.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP 5540 Envy

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No to both

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how do I find the ink cartridges so I can put in a new one; I've don it before but can't remember how.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. I will provide you steps on doing this, one moment please.

Turn on the printer.
Open the ink cartridge access door by placing two fingers under one or both of the small handles on the sides of the ink cartridge access door, and then lift up.
Lightly press down on the low or empty ink cartridge to release it.
Pull the ink cartridge toward you out of its slot.
Remove the new ink cartridge from its package. Be careful to touch only the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
Remove the protective tape from the ink cartridge.
Slide the new ink cartridge into the empty slot, and then gently push up on the ink cartridge until it snaps into place.
Repeat these steps to replace the other ink cartridge, if necessary.
Close the ink cartridge access door.
Touch OK.
Wait for the printer to calibrate and align the ink cartridges.
An alignment page prints.

If you need to look at pictures go to the following link which shows pictured of all the steps:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04701607

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.