Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

This printer has never been set up and connected to my

Customer Question
This printer has never...

This printer has never been set up and connected to my current router. My neighbour asked to borrow it and set it up with his computer with his modum. Now I dont know how to get out of his settings and in to mine

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother MFC-J475DW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-J475DW?

Just a day

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday. it was set up with my Mac last year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am using an HP computer now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/7/2017
Technician: ITCris, Technician replied 8 months ago
ITCris
ITCris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

To reset the network settings on your printer do the following.

1. On the Printer Press Menu.
  2. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Network and press OK.
  3. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Network Reset and press OK.

Let me know if this resolves your issue. If it does, please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. If not reply back to me.