Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just purchased epsom printer model WF-4740, trying to

Customer Question
Just purchased epsom printer...

Just purchased epsom printer model WF-4740, trying to install it on an Apple OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your WF-4740: wirelessly or by USB?

Trying to run your cd but will not start up, loads the files but nothing appears on screen

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Got the printer from a bestbuy today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I wonder if the printer software is compatible with the os

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/7/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am sure that Epson has released the full driver set and software set that is compatible with MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10, for here is a page from which you may download any and all of that set, for 10.10:

The page is

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-Pro-WF-4740/s/SPT_C11CF75201?review-filter=Mac+OS+X+10.10.x

And as for the CD, it should work, but if it does not, examine it for either dirt/stains, or a crack, even a fine on in the inner or outer rim, which can disable it from being read or use at all.

And ultimately, you can download all of its contents, from the page I have just cited.

- If this answers your question, would you be willing to rate my work and my answer, to close out the case?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)