Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have windows 10 laptop and scroll is not working with

Customer Question
Have windows 10 laptop...

Have windows 10 laptop and scroll is not working with pointer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Hp

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

Just bought this used, not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/7/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Depending upon the exact model of HP laptop that you have - and to some extent, what program or function or window you are trying to scroll in - you may have various scrolling options. Let me know the laptop's model, and I will advise you further, and in specifics for that model.

hp dv7

OK, thanks for responding....

Go to the touchpad Properties (by right-clicking in the System Tray of little icons at the lower right, on a Synaptic icon-let that should be there, and choosing Pointing Device Properties there... the Synaptics icon is often red and sort of pear-shaped...)

and there, click on Scrolling

then on the right side, click on Settings

and in the section on One-Finger Scrolling, check at least the checkboxes for

Enable Vertical Scrolling

and

Enable Horizontal Scrolling.

(And then be sure to click on the OK button in the Pointing Device (or Touchpad) Properties, to save the changed setting, before trying scrolling again.)

Does that help? let me know, please.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)