Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It wouldn't print. I was told by Cannon to remove it and…

Customer Question
It wouldn't print. I...

It wouldn't print. I was told by Cannon to remove it and reinstall it. I removed it and now I can't install it.

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

MX 882

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

A few days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not sure. This is my husband's computer. I was trying to print something and I got a message that the printer was offline. I couldn't get it back online to print.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/6/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Off and on. I just tried to use it the other day.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

It's done. Do you want me to plug it in again now?

Yes please/

ok. Now what?
Ok. Now what?

Can you try printing now?

When I uninstalled the printer, it wouldn't let me reinstall it so there's no printer.

Can I connect please and have a look?

No.

Please reinstall the sofware, would you like the link.

please send me the link. When I try to reinstall the printer, it gives me some other name and asks for a WPS ?

Yes, that's your WPS button and security key.

Does you see a button on your router?

No. I don’t know what or where the WPS button is not a security key.

Please look on your cable box/router

What am I looking for?

It's a button with 2 arrows

I see an arrow going up and an arrow going down and there's no place to push them

Yes that looks like WPS. Is it next to a button or that.

Regards

Kris

There's no place to push them.

Can you give me the make and model of it please?

Additionally we can disable WPS and reset the key.

The make and model of the printer is Canon MX882 PIXMA

No the router please is what I need.

NetGear Range Max Duo Wireless

What model please?

I didn't see a model number on it.
Can you possibly tell me what I can do to correct this so I can get it done in the morning? I am on someone else's computer so I can not allow anyone else access to it.
Since I am not getting a response of any kind from you at this point, I will end this conversation and I will stop my free trial. Thank you for your time as I feel you have wasted mine.

The next step would be to login to the wireless router and disable WPS.

I can speak you through this If required.